Sunday, January 14, 2007

Six Weird Things Meme

My friend Paula whose Bassett Knitting button is on the right hand side of my blog, tagged me for this meme. She is such a good sport, I just can't refuse! I won't tag anyone else because I think I'm just about the last person in blogdom to do this! :o) So Six Weird Things About Me:

1. I actually know more about my ancestors that I do about my living relatives. I love to do genealogy research...it uses a lot of brain power and it is like being a detective!

2. I would rather have really good fried potatoes (my favorite are leftover mashed potatoes) with fried egg yolks (yes you read correctly, no whites) than ice cream or cake!

3. I could probably be a professional organizer as I am able to see things spatially and sort out items and tasks in the order they should go. Having lived in many different places in my life, I have learned how to use items for other purposes and get creative in how I store things. But, if you walked into my house now, you would never see that on the surface. I am a bit obsessive with my own organizing. I like to start in one spot and totally organize that before moving on. In the process of doing that, I will live with the rest being cluttered until I get to it's time to be organized. That being said, the clutter does drive me nuts. It's just hard at the kids ages to have time to do anything about it. By the time we finish school and lunch and it's their quiet time...I'm too pooped to do anything! LOL

4. I love music, but ever since my pseudotumor cerebrei 11 years ago, I have not been able to listen to music in the house very much. But, if I am in the car it doesn't bother me! In the car it feels like the music is part of me. In the house the music feels like it is coming from outside of me to assail my poor head! This makes me sad. I LOVE music! It has improved a little in the last year, but still isn't normal.

5. I met the love of my life on the Internet in a snowstorm...two years later I married him! :o)

6. My life has always been impacted by twins. First I was born under the Gemini sign (though I do NOT believe in astrology), my first baby sitters were twins, my best friend in jr/sr high school was the daughter of a twin (her Mom/Aunt were Ruth and Naomi...I always wanted the same if I ever had twins...but hubby thought it was too old fashioned!), our group in jr/sr high school included twin sisters, our group in college had twin brothers, whenever I had opportunity I always read stories about twins and when I was in advanced biology in high school I was really fascinated with genetics and especially research on twins. And then, quite unexpected, I became the mother of identical twin daughters.

Okay, there you have it! I'm definitely weird! LOL

1 comment:

Lynette said...

I have read the "weird" meme on another blog, you are not the only one. Thought about doing one, but I can't think of one wierd thing, ha ha.

I want to hear more about number 5.