Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Fun Hats


Well, I thought I would post some actual knitting content. This is what I have been doing while I have been praying for Uncle Dick, who now has made it through 2 consecutive nights in spite of being given the prognosis that he would not! We are hoping for a miracle and that is what it is going to take. The chemo has knocked out all his white blood cells, which is complicating everything. So I pray and I knit and I wait.

Susan posted about making fun fur hats on her I'm Knitting As Fast As I Can blog. These hats are going to go for kids in the oncology wards at Children's Hospital in Boston. Another blogger, Kate, at Minestrone Soup is coordinating this and she has information on her January 3rd blog post. It brought a smile to my face to think about the kids on the ward walking around with red and purple and blue fun fur hair! :o) These hats will go to Kate by the mid to end of February and then on to the hospital.

The first hat is pictured with our kitty Abbie and also my daughter J. It is turquoise Lion brand Fun Fur yarn and I ran an aqua fringe yarn with it, that is the light spots that you can see. In person it looks fluffier and you see the fringe yarn better. The fringe yarn was from Target in their dollar section! It took about 1.25 balls of fun fur and one ball of the fringe yarn for a large hat. I am now working on a small hat and have enough to probably make two mediums.

I have to admit that fun fur is not my favorite to knit with, but it's not too bad when it's for such a good cause...and it was in my stash and I am getting a lot out of my stash doing this! This is also a good thing!

1 comment:

Paula said...

Those fun fur hats are so much fun to make and so quick.

I agree with Lynette,
our blogs are our front pourches and it is so nice to visit awhile with friends across the globe!

I am keeping you and your uncle in my prayers!