Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everyone! We have had a half lazy/half productive day around here. I have been watchign figure skating, cleaning my office, knitting on hubby's Color Your Own fair isle and trying to survive all the 3 year old girl squabbles around here, along with potty training, complete with a part broken on the toilet! Fortunately hubby was able to get a $4 part at Home Depot, who is not only down the road, but also open on New Year's Day! Thank you Lord!

On my anniversary (12/27) I blogged about this afghan. It's available in a kit from Mary Maxim and is called the Twin Trees Afghan. The photo is from their website and since you can't directly link to their products (it just takes you to the main page), I am posting it here along with the Mary Maxim link. Anyway, as I explained, our wedding ceremony program had two trees on it and a poem about two trees growing stronger together as their roots and branches intertwined. So, I want to make this afghan for our home. I am going to use Grey Suffolk Aran wool that I purchased in a little hidey hole in York, England in 1994. It's from Creskeld but I guess it is now called British Breeds Wool. It's a natural gray/oatmeal color with some flecks of black in it. I think it will be nice and will go in any color decor we have. Unfortunately I can only order a kit of acrylic yarn to get the pattern, so I am going to give the yarn to a group at our church that makes afghans for charity.

Well, I better do something with the organizing stuff that's on our bed or we won't be sleeping tonight! I hope you all had a wonderful New Year's Day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Teresa! Thanks for your comments on my blog. To clarify, the twins are my nieces, my sister's girls, but they are so important to me and I treasure watching all of their twin antics over the years. Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the encouraging comment you left on my blog. That skein of yarn will be a reminder of my humble beginnings.

The afghan is beautiful. Too bad you can't buy the pattern without the yarn.

Linda said...

The afghan you have made is lovely.

Holly said...

That afghan is really beautiful-looking forward to seeing your gray one :~)

Anonymous said...

hmm...I know I commented I wonder where it went! I love the way this afghan will be a neat teaching tool for your children about love and family!