Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Comfort Wool

I told the gals on my Christian Artisans list that spinning Cary's Corriedale wool is like having comfort food...like homemade mac and cheese or hot tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich! :o) Only instead of comfort food it is "comfort wool". It is just so nice to spin. The roving was processed at Zeilinger's in Frankenmuth, Michigan which isn't too far from my cousin Beryl. The sheep's name is Valerie. I hesitate to mention Cary's wool...because there is high demand for it and not much to go around! LOL It is very springy, soft and clean because Cary coats her sheep.

I am not certain how well I spun this. I was doing pretty well at keeping consistency of size as you can see on the bobbin, but I am afraid I over spun it. So instead of spinning another bobbin to ply, I have decided to try winding it into a ball and plying from the inside and outside. I am a little apprehensive since I have not tried this before, so I need to wait until this migraine goes away...it's been hanging around for two weeks now!

2 comments:

Deborah said...

I'm sorry about that darn migraine! But your spinning is FABULOUS!!!

Cary ~ My Wool Mitten at Serenity Farms said...

Oh Theresa, you are a special friend to say such kind words about our wool! AND I am glad that it was a comfort to you...My sheep thank you and I thank you ;)

Love, Cary