Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Interesting Blog

I do not know this blogger but she/he posted on the Traditional Knitting website about Latvian Mittens. She has a wonderful article about it on her blog as well as lots of interesting pictures pertaining to knitting and spinning history. It's worth browsing through.

And in response that another poster shared this wonderful site that is full of patterns for beautiful mittens! It is worth looking at and printing out for your knitting library.

Phew! I am almost done with the Christmas knitting, or at least the main pressure is off. I blocked out some scarves last night but they did not dry! :o( So two are hanging over the curtain rod in the shower; since they were mostly dry, that is not pulling too hard on them. One, much to Abbie's (cat) delight is laying on the end of my bed...it's going to a house full of kitties, so I think that will be okay! LOL

I've been finishing some quilted Christmas stockings I started last year. We actually used them last year, but they didn't get the cuff at the top and the hanger finished. I need to give them a good steam/press and then I will take pictures to share. I am happy with how they turned out. But I am also glad to be done with them. It wasn't difficult, just a little tedious in parts and took more time than I thought.

On the sly, while hubby is at work I have also been working on a pair of fingerless gloves for his stocking. They go fairly fast, so I think I will be able to finish it, but hopefully they won't delay my other Christmas knitting.

In the next day I need to get things ready to send in the mail. (Since the scarves are still wet, I can't do that today!) Then I need to get my Christmas cards/letters out and after that, Christmas goodies need to be made, packaged and delivered to the neighbors.

Every year I say I am going to work on things throughout the year...I try, I really do...but apparently I'm not very successful at it! LOL

No comments: