Thursday, December 07, 2006

Atlantic Meets Pacific!

Just how blessed can one girl be?! Look what came in the mail for me from my friend Margaret earlier this week! It's 1680 yards of her handpainted Tencel 8/2 yarn in the Atlantic Moonglow colorway. The photo just does NOT do it justice! I've never knit with Tencel before so this will be an adventure. It's a fine lace weight and so I am going to have to find something in the Victorian Lace today book to knit this up. Hubby agrees, this one needs to be photographed at the Pacific, so after it's knit and I get my new camera, the Atlantic Moonglow will take a trip to the Pacific! :-) Margaret hand paints her yarns for knitters and weavers. Some of the weaving she has done or I have seen done by others with her fibers, is incredible. Like I need another hobby...but it sure is tempting! It'll be awhile before I do this, but stay tuned to see what Atlantic Moonglow will turn into!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Truly Gorgeous!!
What is Tencil? I've heard of it lately - but I have no idea what it is.

I'm not daring to cast on anything from the Lace book now - you'll have to visit my blog to find about about my lastest mistake. (sigh) I'm going back to simple hats!

Woven Spun said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE her Atlantic Moonglow colorway. I have it in cotton and it's soo yummy, isn't it?

Carissa said...

What a great colorway! I have looked at it several times at her website. I can't wait to see what you knit with it!