Monday, December 04, 2006

Another Finished Object

Okay, so this is not as dramatic as the shawl draped in my window, but it is a finished object and is one more thing off my Christmas list and is already at home with it's new owner! :o)

This is the Garterlac Dishcloth from Criminy Jickets. I have never read his blog before but apparently he is quite talented! There is also a link there for the pattern in pdf. It's amazing the things you can find when you are blog surfing! LOL

I like doing some different ones because I have been knitting dishcloths for at least 25 years and a little variety is nice. I also finished a ballband dishcloth from Mason Dixon's fun book. I also have on my way this dish cloth book by Melissa Bergland Burnham, just because I want the bee skep on the front cover for my best friend who loves bees! She also has free patterns here. There are more patterns here and here (some free, some not, follow links).

Dishcloths are a nice and inexpensive gift to make. I have a plan to knit up my whole banker's box of dishcloth cotton over the next year so that when I want to give housewarming gifts or birthday presents or Christmas presents I don't have to scramble at the last minute...that's the theory anyway! We'll see what happens!

1 comment:

Carissa said...

What a neat dishcloth! I ran across the pattern a few weeks ago too! Entrelac always looks so complicated! I'm sure it will be loved!