Monday, August 01, 2005

Blogger Frustrations

Well, I don't know how many people read this blog anyway...it's probably just for my own amusement! :o) But I am very frustrated as Hello has failed three times in posting photos for my blog. I don't know if this is a universal problem or if it is because I have used up too much space or ??

At any rate, I wanted to update my blog and I was posting a picture of the ankle socks I just knit for my Aunt in Seattle. I think they turned out well and it just remains to see if they fit her before I knit anymore.

I have too many things on the needle right now. I just finished a Moebius neck ring designed by Kat, a gal on the Ample Knitter's list. I need to block that and then photograph it. Hopefully I will be able to post a picture of it soon! I am doing the flared lace smoke ring in the Alpaca I need to do a few more washcloths, I have a few projects to wrap up and I just started the Shetland Garden Faroese Shawl in the Zephyr wool/silk that my Secret Pal sent. It is in lavender. I am considering giving this to my cousin/friend's daughter. My cousin/friend is in stage 4 of ovarian cancer and unless God performs a mighty miracle, she will not live much longer. A very sad story. She has a beautiful daughter that has been there every step of the way and who is very close to her mother. I was thinking that perhaps this might be a nice thing for her to have. To be wrapped in the shawl. As this is my step family, I have not grown up with this daughter and have only spoken with her three or four times, but I know of her through her Mom and her Mom is very special to me. So I wondered if it would seem weird to her daughter, but I know how hard it was for me losing my Dad. I am thinking she may appreciate something tangible, a sign of love. I am going to think and pray about it. I started it today and have 11 rows done. So far I like it and it is not too hard except for all the counting with my kids' "help"! LOL

Well, when bloggerbot/Hello start working I will post more.

No comments: