Tuesday, August 16, 2005


Here is the shawl hanging over the recliner, after blocking. This is the first time I have blocked a piece of lace. There are things I can do better next time. You always learn and I guess that is the important part! The one thing I didn't like is the "points" that are along the edge where I pinned it down. I did try to start pinning closer in between, but it still happened every few pins. I don't think I stretched it too much, I was trying to meet the measurements given by the pattern, but perhaps I did. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I know there is some type of wire used for blocking, however at this point I do not have the money for buying anything extra. Maybe that will happen in the future. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

swakins said...

Wow, have been following the progress on this for a bit. I am amazed at how fast you got this done! I can't fathom doing this much in such a short time. I know your friend will love this!