Friday, August 19, 2005


Since I finished the shawl I had to find another project, really not so difficult! LOL I did a couple dishcloths and after working with the lace weight it felt like I was knitting with rope! This project is the Lace Smoke Ring from Jackie Erickson-Schweitzer at www.heartstringsfiberarts.com I mentioned the pattern a couple months ago on the blog. I ordered it from www.knitpicks.com and they recommended Alpaca Cloud which is a lace weight yarn. This does NOT work up well in lace weight. I'll be using the Cloud for some lace Elizabeth I scarves from JoLene Treace (www.atimetoknit.com). I purchased Frog Tree Alpaca in a natural color and it is a fingering weight. It is very yummy to work with although it does shed. This is the first six inches, twelve more to go! I have a lot of projects planned for Christmas and birthday gifts this fall/winter and so I am being good and working on those. And of course there are the UFOs. I want to finish DH's sweater which I showed a couple months ago and the kids' sweaters too. I find that I have more time to knit than keep up with my email, quilt, sew or scrapbook because I can do that when I am sitting with the kids, watching movies with hubby, talking on the phone, in the car and on trips. I am so glad I got back into knitting as it is really calming. As soon as we have more $ again I am going to get the Myrna Stahman book on shawls because I do want to work with designing some shawls that will fit me! I'd like one dressy one for church and I would like one heavier weight one for warmth at home. Yes, it does actually get cool enough here to wear something for warmth, but not for another few months! Posted by Picasa

No comments: