Friday, August 19, 2005

She Loves It! Yah, Yah, Yah!

Okay, so I don't sound like the Beatles, but Nancy called last night and told me how much she loved the shawl! It made me so happy to hear the happiness in her voice! It's so hard to be so far away all the time, but times like this make it even more difficult! Her sister had arrived from California and her step Mom was there too and all three ladies tried it on and loved it. Her step Mom is "handy at things like that" and was impressed. They all liked it and Nancy said, "But it's mine!" :o) They helped her pick out an outfit to wear it with to church on Sunday. We are praying that she will be able to go to church on Sunday, not just because of the shawl, but because the fellowship is important and the worship.

Thank you to everyone from the AK list who have been leaving such nice comments on the blog and at my regular email. And many have been sending their prayers for Nancy and this is the best! Realistically, her journey here with us is ending, but we serve a great and mighty God and until she breathes her last, we pray with HOPE. So, thank you.

This has been such a positive experience for me, that as I continue to learn to knit shawls, I think I would like to knit them for other people who are dealing with illness, chronic pain etc. I do have a lovely brave young woman in mind for the next one, so maybe in December after all the gifts are done I can start that. I'm really enjoying knitting the lace too. It's neat to see something unfold and grow and become beautiful right before your eyes! I think I will try another Faroese style shawl because I like how it stays on the shoulders without having to tug and pull it into submission.

Well, thank you everyone for your comments and help and compliments!!!

No comments: