Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Finished Object!

It felt so good to get something accomplished today as I have really been dragging and not able to totally knock this last cycle of migraines. And on top of everything else that has been going on, we had no water for 24 hours. (Was turned off at the main) Well, we have water tonight and I am soaking the finished object so that I can block it. See pictures below. I think it turned out really nice. It is too small for me, so I am not modeling it. I think it will be fine for the person it is intended for though. I'm not posting her name in case she wanders over to my knitting blog from my family blog! :o)

Oh, I'm happy to report that Jack got to go home from the hospital today. Last night he got a surprise visit from Nancy (of shawl fame). Her husband said, "I'd rather be at home in the easy chair, but you just don't say No to Nancy!" So they bundled her up and brought her in in a wheel chair and they had a nice visit. She continues to be such a blessing in our lives.

I'm excited. Tomorrow I get to meet a member of the Ample Knitter's list that I am on. We are going to meet in Davis which is a half way point. I'm looking forward to seeing the store, even though it will be really hard to be good, and I can't wait to meet her and two friends who are coming along. I can't remember if they are AKers or not. More tomorrow...Pictures below.

No comments: