Monday, August 15, 2005


Hurray! Hurrah! I finished the shawl! This is the Shetland Garden Faroese Shawl from Sivia Harding. I started it on August 1, 2005 using the pattern and lavender Zephyr wool/silk lace weight yarn that were gifts from my Ample Knitters Secret Pal! (Thank You Barbara!!!!!). I finished it today, August 15, 2005. I am blocking it tonight and hope to get it shipped to Nancy tomorrow. My 3 yo ds loves to feel how soft it is, so I got the idea that tomorrow after it is blocked I will take a picture of everyone, including DH, with the shawl on, then print out the pictures and send them as hugs to Nancy. Please read my posts below if you want to know who Nancy is and why I am creating this shawl. I really enjoyed knitting this pattern, although the end got hard to keep going with so many stitches! I did make some mistakes. Most were discovered far too late to do something about them. I wish they weren't there, but I don't think that it detracts from the overall beauty of the shawl and non-knitters probably won't notice! :o) I would like to do this shawl again, but not for awhile. I am looking forward to knitting something in heavier weight yarn now for awhile! I have done a couple scarves with lace and heavier weight yarn, but this is my first project with a laceweight yarn and something this size. It's not something I would recommend to people for your first lace project unless you are a glutton for punishment like me! :o) After my Christmas gifts are done and we have money again, I do want to make the Peacock Feathers shawl from Fiddlesticks. So you will see more lace on my blog in the future! Posted by Picasa

No comments: