Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Yes, I Actually Still Knit!


My friend Tina from Take Heart Farm and my Christian Artisans group surprised me with a lovely box full of fibers to spin and three skeins of her own handspun. You could have knocked me over with a feather, I was so surprised. Some of the lovely fibers were things I have never spun, but have wanted to, like Teeswater and Cormo and there was the most luscious gray Shetland I have ever seen!

The photo doesn't give justice to this beautiful yarn. The colors changes are softer and more subtle but the flash sharpens that all up. I started making a Calorimetry (head band from Knitty) and as I saw how the colors unfolded, I knew it had to become something else... can you guess what it is? I'm starting with the variegated and finishing with the natural brown. I need to find out from Tina what fibers are in this. It's so soft.

Ooh! Too bad I can't have any more babies... this would be a beautiful Baby Surprise Jacket (from Elizabeth Zimmermann).

No comments: