Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Wellness Wednesday

Hello Everyone. I weighed in today for the first time in a few weeks. 309# I was so happy to see that in spite of my decreased activity I have not gained any weight. Admittedly though I have been feeling a little bit depressed that I have not been able to keep working on my health in a more active way. My physical therapist has given me permission to SLOWLY begin walking with my Leslie Sansone DVDs, but since then I have had the type of migraine that does not want me jumping and moving around!

My knee is progressing. I do not have to wear the immobilizer, though if I do not use a cane in public, I have difficulty maintaining balance. My therapist wants me to focus on not "hobbling", but no matter how hard I try, my left knee/leg stays straight and does not follow through in a normal walking motion. In addition my left hip bursitis is worse. So, my Hubby and I are praying about the possibility of knee surgery in November. Initially we had planned to review the situation then, anyway. The surgery appears to be very easy with little recovery time. My concerns in having surgery are related to how they may or may not anesthetize me because of past medical experiences and my asthma.

Lately I have been having some possible depression and/or anxiety compounded by pain, sick kids and a few other difficult situations. The political scene, both politically and on a national level are concerning me as well. I am left with an overall feeling of being out of control of all the situations in my life. Moment of Truth! I am not in control of my life and maybe it would be a little easier if I "Let go and Let God"! I'm not talking about letting go and giving up, but striving against God. From several sources lately I have been reminded to "Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10.

Whine, whine, whine! That's not my intention. From the beginning on Wellness Wednesday I have strived to be completely open and honest. Would it be genuine to offer sunshiney encouragement to everyone else when I am feeling buffeted by the winds of life? So, I am sharing this here today so that maybe we can be of an encouragement to each other. I refuse to give up. I am pouring out my concerns here and then when the kids go to bed, I'm going to spend some time alone with Hubby and talking to God. Then I'll pick myself up and keep on going in His strength, not mine.

On the bright side, I am truly encouraged that I have not gone up in weight. In the past, after losing, then being dormant, my weight goes back up to the point where it was before. Apparently, my "setpoint" has been reset and I am looking forward to seeing it go down further!

Will those of you who pray, please pray for me in these things? Thank you.

And if you have made it this far, I want to leave you with a treat. My friend began a new blog called Teresa's Table and I am looking forward to trying out several of her recipes!

Thank you! I truly love my readers!

No comments: