Sunday, October 12, 2008

Songs On Sunday and More Vacation Pics

All five of us are sick in one form or another, so today was a family Sabbath at home. Hubby and I enjoyed a good sermon from Charles Stanley about Joseph and how he succeeded because he continually looked to God in spite of all his circumstances. D of course is busy playing with all his birthday Legos.
Soon I'll have pics up of all the busy birthday celebrations, but today I wanted to share a few more vacation pictures. These are on Rialto Beach, Olympic National Park, again - I think this was the 5th day there this summer! I was so disappointed because these pictures had the potential to be a LOT better, but I had accidentally put on a PINK filter instead of my UV Haze filter!!! UGH! Fortunately I shot in raw and was able to remove a little bit of the magenta but you can still tell. Anyway, I thought Grandma would like to see these! :o)


A, J and D on the big driftwood root system they played on all afternoon!


J, A and D


A

J, D and A

D, "just hanging out".


D watching surf.

The kids played oblivious to the gorgeous surf pounding and crashing all around them.


J with her Indiana Jones "whip" (kelp).

I heard this song on TV this morning and the lyrics are meaningful. In my mind, I can hear George Beverly Shea singing this.

I'd Rather Have Jesus

by Rhea Miller


I’d rather have Jesus than silver or gold;

I’d rather be His than have riches untold;

I’d rather have Jesus than houses or lands;

I’d rather be led by His nail-pierced hand


Refrain:

Than to be the king of a vast domain,

Or be held in sin’s dread sway;

I’d rather have Jesus than anything

This world affords today.


I’d rather have Jesus than men’s applause;

I’d rather be faithful to His dear cause;

I’d rather have Jesus than worldwide fame;

I’d rather be true to His holy name


He’s fairer than lilies of rarest bloom;

He’s sweeter than honey from out the comb;

He’s all that my hungering spirit needs;

I’d rather have Jesus and let Him lead

No comments: