Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Homesick...

This week I have felt so homesick. Perhaps it is because it's October and the AC still goes on. Maybe it's because our allergies are bad. Likely having to cancel our Monterey trip because we had to get new brakes, tipped it over the edge. Whatever the reason...

I am homesick...




My heart wants to be here. My heart wants to breathe fresh, salty air. My heart wants to live where this could be a short car ride away and where the mountains rise up out of the sea.



I know He hears my heart's cry. I know He senses the suffocation I feel; my wings are clipped and I ache like a bird that cannot fly.



For whatever reason, He is not sending down any neon signs to direct us where to go. The economy is greatly effecting our chances of being able to leave California, just when it was beginning to be hopeful. I don't want to whine, but I had to express these feelings before they exploded inside of me.




I want to learn, like Paul, to be content in all things.



11I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. (Philippians 4:11-12 NIV)




6But godliness with contentment is great gain. 7For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. (1 Timothy 6:6-7 NIV)



4Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral. 5Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." 6So we say with confidence,"The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" (Hebrews 13:4-6 NIV)



(All photographs are Rialto Beach, Olympic National Park, Washington)

No comments: