Friday, October 17, 2008

Sweet Peas


First the stats: This came from Digital Scrapbook Art, a German site (click on the Brit flag for English, but I have fun refreshing my German!). One of my new favorite designers is Verena Karolyi. I bought several of her sets because in celebration of her daughter's 5th birthday, she had a 5 day sale at 50% off. I bought the A Whisper of Romance kit for approximately $2.48 and then this page is made primarily with her free quick page. It was a horizontal page but I rotated it for this picture and added the tag, ribbon and ribbon flower from the kit. I still need to work on the tag a little because I haven't learned how to change the amount of drop shadow on my elements.
Even though I love rich color, texture and heritage type layouts, I don't generally like a lot of what I call "frou frou". Somehow this picture just screams for something special. I am going to be trying it out in several different layouts, so you will likely be seeing it again.
My Mom took this picture in color when the girls were about 1.5 weeks old and it's my FAVORITE!!! I desaturated the color leaving just a little hint of pink. At this point they still needed and wanted to be very close to each other as they had in the womb. If only they could be this sweet and quiet today! LOL This picture makes my Mama Heart ache in a million different ways and I sigh every time I look at it. After I try a few layouts, one will be chosen to be printed out and I will frame it in my room.

No comments: