Tuesday, October 28, 2008

On Faith and Politics

While I openly share my faith here, I do try to avoid politics. In general I hate them and consider them a "necessary evil." I hate the lies, the compromising, the system - it doesn't matter what candidate or party, you have to admit, politics are basically "dirty". My Mom sent me something though that reflects what I've been reading on different blogs and hearing in discussions. This list by Pastor Mark Cox of Sterry Church in Roswell Idaho, hits the nail on the head as far as I am concerned.


Ten Predictions No Matter Who Wins The Election

1. The Bible will still have ALL the answers.
2. Prayer will still work.
3. The Holy Spirit will still move.
4. God will still inhabit the praises of His people.
5. There will still be God anointed preaching.
6. There will be singing of praise to God.
7. God will still pour out blessings upon His people.
8. There will still be room at the cross.
9. Jesus will still love you.
10. Jesus will still save the lost when they come to Him.



How Great Is Our God by Chris Tomlin



VERSE(1):The splendor of a King,Clothed in majesty
Let all the earth rejoice,
All the earth rejoice
He wraps himself in light,
And darkness tries to hide,
And trembles at his voice,
And trembles at his voice


CHORUS(1):
How great is our God, sing with me
How great is our God,and all will see How great,
How great
Is our God


VERSE(2):
Age to age he stands
And time is in His Hands
Beginning and the End,
Beginning and the End
The Godhead, Three in one
Father, Spirit, Son
The Lion and the Lamb,The Lion and the Lamb


CHORUS(1):
How great is our God, sing with me
How great is our God,and all will see
How great, How great
Is our God


CHORUS(2)
Name above all names
You are Worthy of all praise and
My heart will sing how great
Is our God
(x2)


CHORUS(1):
How great is our God,
Sing with me
How great is our God,and all will see
How great,
How great
Is our God


CHORUS(1):
How great is our God,
Sing with me
How great is our God,and all will see
How great,
How great
Is our God



Pray and Vote. Vote your conscience. Our HOPE is in God.


Psalm 62
For the director of music. For Jeduthun. A psalm of David.


1 My soul finds rest in God alone;
my salvation comes from him.
2 He alone is my rock and my salvation;

he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.
3 How long will you assault a man?

Would all of you throw him down—
this leaning wall, this tottering fence?
4 They fully intend to topple him

from his lofty place;
they take delight in lies.
With their mouths they bless,
but in their hearts they curse.

Selah

5 Find rest, O my soul, in God alone;
my hope comes from him.
6 He alone is my rock and my salvation;

he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
7 My salvation and my honor depend on God;

he is my mighty rock, my refuge.
8 Trust in him at all times, O people;

pour out your hearts to him,
for God is our refuge.

Selah

9 Lowborn men are but a breath,
the highborn are but a lie;
if weighed on a balance, they are nothing;
together they are only a breath.
10 Do not trust in extortion

or take pride in stolen goods;
though your riches increase,
do not set your heart on them.
11 One thing God has spoken,

two things have I heard:
that you, O God, are strong,
12 and that you, O Lord, are loving.

Surely you will reward each person
according to what he has done.

No comments: