Monday, November 12, 2007

Yes, I Still Knit! (The Butterfly Shawl)

With all my food related posts lately and pics of the kids, I bet you thought I had given up knitting! Well, I have not been doing a lot of knitting as we are still adjusting to home school schedules and I have been doing more spindling.

This is my gauge swatch of the smallest butterfly on the Butterfly Shawl that I am testing knitting for my Christian Artisans friend, Carissa. This swatch does not do justice to the beautiful shawl. It is a Faroese style, garter stitch shawl knit from the bottom up. There is a band of butterflies on the bottom which I am currently knitting and the middle strip up the center back has butterflies in graduated sizes. The swatch is the smallest butterfly which Carissa said is her least favorite! :o) I chose that one because it was the right size for getting gauge. I can't wait to see this all done and I plan on knitting one for myself later from some fingering weight Alpaca that I have.

This is knit in Jaggerspun Zephyr 2/18 wool/silk in the Elderberry color, using size 5 Addi Lace Turbos. I probably won't have any real good pictures to show until it is done....you know how lace is. It unfolds it's beauty at the end and especially after blocking.

3 comments:

Carissa said...

Thanks again for helping me!

Holly said...

Wow-nice swatch!

Joanne said...

That is absolutely gorgeous, Theresa and Carissa.