Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Nicegiving!

The kids and I have had fun this week studying about Thanksgiving in school. It's my favorite holiday and always has been. Even as a kid, I preferred it to Christmas. The circumstances of my childhood showed me that I need people I love/who love me, safety and protection, fellowship, the provisions of a normal life and most importantly, a relationship with Jesus Christ, much more than I needed the toys and gifts of Christmas.


Here are some of the pictures the kids colored this week. The blurry spots are where I smudged their names for protection. J in particular, loves to experiment with colors. She is the one who started calling it "nicegiving" by mistake! It has kind of stuck in our household! :o)

J demonstrated that "nicegiving" spirit this morning in school. A (in the pink) got in trouble and was crying, so as I read our devotions, J reached over and put her arms around her and snuggled her. This is part of their twin-ness that pops up and surprises us from time to time. When Daddy brought the camera came out, A hugged J and posed.

Then it was an all out "hugfest" as they tackled their big brother. L to R, A, D and J. J is wearing a little fleece scarf that came on a Christmas teddy bear a few years ago! lol We can't get it away from her.

In a few minutes we will be eating our Thanksgiving feast. The grownups will have turkey and the kids will have mac and cheese. This will help us have a peaceful celebration! No mutiny from the short Pilgrims! :o)

In school this week we have been memorizing a scripture that I will leave you with:

Be joyful always. Pray continually. Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is the will of God for you, in Christ Jesus. I Thessalonians 5:16-18 (NIV)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Nicegiving is such a cute name ;o)