Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Nostepinne and Comment Thank Yous


Here is a picture of my recent spindle spinning as I wrapped it on the nostepinne which I bought earlier this year from Sharon. Her husband Fred makes the Nostepinnes...mine is from one of my favorite woods, purpleheart. She also has lovely fiber batts, sock yarns, embroidered towels and beautiful knitting bags. This was my first time using it and it was fun.

Now, I am ready to start spinning the second half of this yarn and then I will ply them together using Denise's comments in the last post. The yarn is a little overspun in places...not unusual for a newbie, but hopefully that will work out. I have learned a lot about drafting using the drop spindle. I hope to apply what I've learned to my regular spinning on Caris (my Lendrum DT).

Thank you everyone for comments on the blog. I love to hear from you. I would like to be better at getting back to people, but most comments don't leave email addresses so I am finding it hard to respond. I want you to know that I truly appreciate all your input and compliments. Thank you!

1 comment:

Paula said...

Wheee! I just signed up for spinning wheel lessons at my local guild! I am so excited! Now I just need to save up for my own wheel! I am saving my pennies for a Kromski wheel.
I am sooo excited, my first lesson is tonight.

By the way, very cool nostepinne!
and very nice yarn you spun!