Thursday, July 19, 2007

114 Yards of Lime-Aid Wool!

Today I finished plying the green wool which is not so flourescent as it seems here.
In spite of its rugged and scraggly appearance while plying, it actually is fairly well balanced. Just the hint of a turn on the right side here. I had a few breaks where it was not spun enough, but overall it went well.
Here is the finished skein with the spindle. It is 114 yards of *mostly* sport weight yarn. I am not sure yet what will become of it.
A final view. You can see it's not perfect, but I am proud of it, because this is my first spindle spun yarn and I taught myself how to do it mostly from reading a book! I will have to venture into some more spindle spinning soon. For now, my shoulders are a little stiff! LOL

2 comments:

Carissa said...

The green wool looks great! I've taught myself pretty much everything I know about knitting and spinning from books/magazines/on-line. I've never actually seen another person spin IRL. I love the pictures of Cary's wool too! What a great birthday present!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful green yarn you've spun. I found your blog via a bunny-trail. Seems we're neighbors as I live just south of Sacramento.

Blessings...