Saturday, July 28, 2007

Memories

As part of our cleaning and organizing this weekend, we made the decision to bring in some of my childhood toys. My Grandpa and Grandma Johnson had the little white (or formerly white!) cabinet made for me and it was given to me for Christmas 1969. Somewhere I have the picture of it...me in my little miniskirt and sweater! LOL (I never dressed like that again!) Hey, it was groovy at the time. The doll's high chair was a gift from Grandma Hopkins when I was in Kindergarten, about 1971. In the corner is a little plastic sink on got on sale a few years ago at Big Lots! and we just haven't gotten it out yet. Later I'll have to post pics of the dollbeds that were from my Grandma Hopkins' kindergarten room and one that my Grandpa Hopkins made for my Mom in the late 1940s. I'll have to get busy and make dolly blankies and clothes now! In my free time of course!

Abbie says that Lucy over at Wendy's gets more exposure than she does and it's about time I change that! LOL So here's Abbie taking a bath and watching over my shoulder as I blog.

1 comment:

Lynette said...

Oh to be a little girl again!