Thursday, September 27, 2007

S.O.S. = Sick Of Slippers!


The last pair is done! I am officially Sick Of Slippers! LOL This is D's pair and he has waited patiently, or not so patiently for them to be done. They are DONE! I will not knit with this yarn again.
I've had a couple questions in email about the slippers and I will post sometime soon how I adapted the pattern to work for kids. To my knowledge this type of slipper pattern is NOT copyrighted. If anyone knows differently, please let me know as I don't want to break the law posting it. :o)
I'm getting better but really wiped. My Hubby is off to men's retreat this weekend. Part of me is dreading it. I LOVE the kids, but physically I am so wiped and aching that I am not looking forward to it. BUT, I am so glad that my Hubby is getting this break. He needs this time away from us to exhale and try to relax. And I know he will enjoy the spiritual nourishment and even though he is extremely shy, he'll like the fellowship too. The lucky bum will be in the Redwoods and he will probably be going to the ocean on Saturday with some of the guys that like to go on a photo hunt. If you think of us all, please say a prayer for us this weekend...that the kids and I do fine, that the Lord will speak to Hubby and that we will all be safe in our comings and goings! Thanks!

1 comment:

Molly said...

Hey Theresa, do you have local friends with kids your children's age? Gary used to travel when my oldest two were young. A neighbor's dh would sometimes travel at the same time. We spent a lot of time getting together around dinner time because that is when hubby is supposed to get home and that was always the hardest part of the day. The kids wore themselves out playing and Patty and I had adults to talk to :) I'll be praying for you this weekend, Molly