Tuesday, September 25, 2007

More Slippers!

The girls are thrilled with their slippers! A has been wearing hers all day and J has been bugging me to finish hers. So this afternoon I finished and they put their feet together to look at their pompoms (have I mentioned I hate making pompoms?! LOL) and I had to take a snap.
These are J's slippers. They are dark purple and dusky purple in Vanna's Choice acrylic. I'm not thrilled with the yarn. It's soft but not durable...probably good for crocheted afghans but not for durable wear. A's look scruffy after one day. I should have just ordered some wool. I could not get the colors to come out right. They are not this dark.
And I snuck in this knitting in progress pic to show my first needles I got in kindergarten! :o)

4 comments:

sherriknits said...

It's so cool that you still have your first needles. The slippers are great.
Glad you're feeling better!

Heather said...

Those are soooooo cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lynette said...

I love them! These must be better than any in the store.

Melissa said...

Those are cute. I'll bet they're fun to wear ;o)