Thursday, September 20, 2007

Sherri tagged me for this meme which I have done before, but will do again because it's just fun to play with friends! :o) Most of the bloggers I know have done this, so I will let you choose if you want to play too!

The rules:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself: some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them).
4. Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment at their blogs.

1. I learned to knit from Grandma Hopkins when I was in Kindergarten, but found crocheting easier as a child. However, in the 1980s, the beautiful wool and mohair sweaters and vests and Lopi sweaters knit for my German friend Jutta, by her mother Renate intrigued me. Remember the 80s were all about big sweaters and Mohair was really "in". This got me started thinking about knitting again and I did dabble. However, I really got into knitting about 1990 when I moved to Bellingham, WA and didn't know too many people. I found Knitting Around by EZ and was enchanted by her old photographs, art and knitting designs and cunning. Then there was no going back! :o)

2. The first time I went to Germany I took too much Pepto Bismol for my travel sickness as I adjusted to the time change and I got scary brown fuzz growing on my tongue...harmless but scary! I have never taken it since! LOL

3. In the mid 1980s I went to every Christian concert I could when they came to the Seattle area and have happy memories of Amy Grant, Michael W. Smith and others when they were just getting started. Some of the singers and groups were really awesome but if you mentioned their names now, most people would say, "WHO?"

4. The worst pizza I have ever eaten was in Italy!

5. I have a hard time relaxing to read many non-fiction books because I want to have the highlighter out and make notes! (Yes, I know I am a nerd!)

6. When I was a Girl Scout I was in a Totem Girl Scout Council cookie sale ad (ca 1976) that aired on local Seattle television stations.

7. When I was in Kindergarten I decided that I did not want to be girly so I would not like anything pink. Blue became my favorite color in childhood. Now I like pinks and burgandies as well as blues but purple is my favorite color.

See, I'm kind of boring. I couldn't think of anything that I hadn't already written! Go check out my friend Sherri's blog. Not only is she a neat person, she "co-starred" with John Wayne! LOL

1 comment:

sherriknits said...

lol on the John Wayne part. Hubby actually did make it into the movie. (but you gotta look fast)

I enjoyed reading your stuff and it wasn't a bit boring!