Friday, September 07, 2007

Nice Matters


My friend Debra chose me to receive a "Nice Matters Award". THANK YOU Debra! I have been seeing these all throughout blog land and I don't know who to thank or give credit to for starting this.

“This award is for those bloggers who are nice people; good blog friends and those who inspire good feelings and inspiration. Also for those who are a positive influence on our blogging world. Once you’ve been awarded please pass it on to 7 others who you feel are deserving of this award."

Some of the people Debra chose, would have been on my list and some of the others I would chose have already been chosen by others, so it was hard to choose. If I left you out, it's because I could only choose 7! All of my blogging friends deserve a "Nice Matters Award"! (Why would I read not-nice blogs?! LOL)

Stuck On Grace is my friend Lynette at church who is an awesome Christian Education Director. I am also enjoying getting to know her as a friend and she has been very encouraging to me!

Fruitful Words is my friend Susan, also from our church. She heads up Women's Ministry and the small groups as well as works on her degree at seminary. Besides being an all around wonderful and encouraging woman, she often has helpful or thought provoking blog posts and I have found some interesting blogs on her blog roll (which I believe is not up at the moment).

Journaling Back To Joy can not be left off the list! Amy is the one who started me blogging in the first place after we met in quilting class. She sat at a different table and I "just knew" that she was a Christian and hoped that we would connect. She journals openly and honestly about her grieving process which is healthy and helps many of us who have felt like we need to grieve in a closet where others can't see us. She is also a homeschool Mama who works for The Old Schoolhouse magazine and she is a knitter. She also blogs at KnitnMom.

Chrysalis Knits is a young Mom who knits and spins, sews and designs. She is always ready with a kind word and encouragement and often leaves comments on my blog with helpful hints and answers to my fibery problems.

Deborah's Doings Deborah has really made a difference in my online experience. Many of you probably have heard me mention the Christian Artisans list (tag/link at right side) and Deborah started this group at Yahoogroups. These women have really made a difference in my life through prayer and fellowship. Thanks Deborah! Her blog has a fantastic story of her family's recovery from hurricane loss and her homeschooling, weaving, spinning, knitting and homesteading adventures.

Perennial Grace is my friend Eve in New York. She also has Simply Divine Fibers blog and shop. I chose her because she is always helping people learn to knit and spin and gives of herself in many ways. She knits, spins, dyes, gardens and is a wonderful Mom and Grandma.

Last, but not least, is my best friend Shelley, the newest blogger I know who is blogging at Meadow Meanderings. Shelley has been a faithful friend the last 15 years. We became roommates when I broke off my engagement in 1992 and she was my Maid of Honor when I married my One True Love. She has been through thick and thin with me and she is one of the most giving people I know. Her blog holds promise...her lovely photography and adventures and her funny adventures with three Pug dogs!

2 comments:

Carissa said...

Thank you, Theresa! How very kind and thoughtful of you!

Deborah said...

Theresa, that was so sweet of you. I had no idea and with my slow dial up service I don't go blog hopping very often. You are such a sweet and thoughtful woman!