Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day

I was reading on Mrs. Wilt's site this morning and she had a sweetheart candy personalized at this site. It was so cute, I had to go too so I could proclaim my love of my hubby! :o) Happy Valentine's Day hubby! I love you more than blogs could ever say! Knowing you the last ten years is the best thing that has happened in my life, other than knowing Jesus! I am so thankful that we share this journey together.

For all of you that think, "Ah how sweet and sappy!" and feel a little cynical on Valentine's Day or sad because you are feeling alone. Believe, me, I have been there and done that! It seems like I was always in the "off again" stage of my other "on again/off again" relationships on Valentine's Day and I spent 32 of them as a single woman, so I have had a lot of those other feelings. Sometimes it can be almost painful. I know it sounds corny, like the pat answer, but to be really honest, there was no Valentine joy in my heart until I understood the love of God. When you are single you think that the people who aren't single have it made on Valentine's Day. Well, in some ways, yes, it is easier, but the love of a person can never fill the space in our hearts that longs for Jesus, the true lover of our soul. (If you don't know what I mean, I welcome sincere dialogue or you might want to check out the "ready?" button at the right.)

Even as a married woman, I find it is vital for me to maintain my "romance" with God...the intimate relationship of sharing, learning, growing, changing, becoming whole that enhances all of my life and sustains me through the highest of highs and the lowest of lows. Lately, in addition to my Bible reading and study in Romans, Hosea and Judges and my Bible study in Max Lucado's Facing Your Giants, I have really been nourished by the praise music of Chris Tomlin on the See The Morning special edition cd. One song in particular has struck a chord in my heart and expresses how I feel quite well...

How Can I Keep From Singing
c 2006 sixsteps Music, adapted by Chris Tomlin, Matt Redman and Ed Cash

There is an endless song
Echoes in my soul
I hear the music ring

And though the storms may come
I am holding on
To the rock I cling

How can I keep from singing Your praise
How can I ever say enough
How amazing is Your love
How can I keep from shouting Your name
I know I am loved by the King
And it makes my heart want to sing!
(this chorus repeats)


I will lift my eyes
In the darkest night
For I know my Savior lives

And I will walk with You
Knowing You'll see me through
And sing the songs You give

repeat chorus

I can sing in troubled times
Sing when I win
I can sing when I lose my step
And fall down again
I can sing'cause You pick me up
Sing 'cause You're there
I can sing 'cause You hear me, Lord
When I call to You in prayer
I can sing with my last breath
Sing for I know
That I'll sing with the angels
And the saints around the throne

repeat chorus

No comments: