Monday, August 18, 2008

Honeymoon Day 3

We didn't have internet access, so I was not able to keep up with blogging. I'm very behind. Thank you to everyone who has been leaving nice comments. I love reading them. I am sorry that I have not been able to respond. There are just not enough hours in the day and especially so when you are on vacation.

I would be neglectful if I didn't document the awesome breakfasts we had at the B&B in Diamond Point. Above is organic blueberry sour cream coffee cake. It was SO MOIST and nummy!


This Creme Brulee French Toast made from homemade bread was awesome! Each morning we also got an organic fresh fruit platter and organic fruit juices. There was Kona coffee available, but alas, we are not coffee drinkers.



This is Brandy, the house cocker spaniel. She was very behaved, though she did feel that she should be the household food taster! :o) Hubby had a Cocker that looked almost like this and enjoyed seeing her.

So, day three saw us off on another leg of our journey together. We stopped for some items at Costco and hit the road going west. Several picture taking stops were made along Lake Crescent.


Off and on we saw these beautiful vignettes on the side of the road.


The colors in Lake Crescent are even more intense than Lake Tahoe. Everything from this deep blue to a dark jade green, light turquoise and all shades in between. Unfortunately the places that showed the loveliest color changes were not ones where the car could stop. The road is greatly improved since my childhood, but it is still quite twisty and windy.


Along one stretch of 101 I saw the light flaming through vine maple leaves which have turned earlier this year. I found the next logging road, stopped and turned around.


What we saw was at least three acres in full bloom with wild sweat peas, fireweed (some as tall as me) and vine maples. I was so excited about the flowers that I forgot to go back and photograph the vine maple!





Fireweed and vine maple in the foreground.


Wild sweat peas.

Pearly Everlasting.


Blackberry blossoms and bumblebees.


In the late afternoon we arrived in La Push. Here is Hubby and a totem pole.



This is a view of our room. We had a studio suite with a king size bed. It was bigger than one of the studio apartments I had above a garage when I was single! lol


The nicest part was that deck. We didn't know what the future held and how appreciative we would soon be that we could enjoy the ocean without leaving the room! (more in the next post)



Balcony views... fog came and went.


The surf was incredible to watch and hear! Every night I slept with the slider open so I could breathe real air and hear the surf.

Our first night we ate spaghetti on the balcony.


Mine got cold fast... I had to put it down to take pictures of the surf!


Hubby enjoyed his though.



We walked down to the beach and enjoyed what my family calls a "kerplunk" sunset. In other words, the sun goes down quickly without much display.


Hubby (with CA/AZ blood!) was frozen, but I did fine. I was at the ocean, so I didn't notice! :o)


The moon rise was more spectacular than the sunset!



Near the end we saw a small amount of color.


When photographing, don't forget to look all around you... beauty shows up in unexpected places! (sunset reflected in wet sand)

3 comments:

VaQueenBee said...

I had fun living vicariously through you all on your awesome vacation! How incredible! I can't imagine going on such a trip, and for so long! You are truly blessed! Thanks for sharing it with us through your incredible pictures. God has indeed created a spectacular world!

Tracy Batchelder said...

You have a great view from the balcony!

Lynette said...

Hubby sure looks relaxed as I am sure you do to! Have fun!