Thursday, February 21, 2008

CA Project Along


On the Christian Artisans list, we started a Project Along on February 18th. Most are knitting but some are doing crochet, weaving, spinning, sewing and other projects. The color in this first photo isn't exactly accurate. The purple is more of a warm violet rather than a cool lavender. Last night I started the Swallowtail Shawl. I think this is my 4th one! I had found this ball of Noro Kureyon Sock yarn and didn't really want to do socks in a single yarn, so thought maybe I'd do a shawl or scarf where you could really see the color way work out. It's fun to knit because you are waiting to see what the next color will do!


Here is a close up of the yarn. This is a little bluer/cool toned than the actually yarn which looks purpleier (sp?!) and a little more pink/violet than lavender. However, the burgandy and acid green in the center of the skein are closer to accurate color. Like regular Kureyon, it's kind of a rough yarn, but I'm hoping that it will also wash up soft. When I felted with Kureyon, I could not believe that the soft finished product came from the rough beginning. This is semi-mindless knitting, since I've done it several times before, so I am working on this when my brain is too tired for the butterfly lace.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh that should be interesting as the colors unfold ;o)

Molly said...

does the color have a dye lot? I love these colors and absolutely "need" one of my own :)

Carissa said...

I really like those colors! We have such similar taste in yarns, as that is the one I'd have picked for myself! I look forward to seeing how it progresses!

Tracy Batchelder said...

I'm interested to see what you make from Kureyon sock yarn. I almost bought some, but just like you, I wasn't sure a single would be that great for socks.

Dorothy said...

I've seen the Kureyon sock yarn but it felt kind of rough. But the colors were fabulous. I'll be anxiously watching your shawl. That pattern has been on my to-do list since I first saw it.

Donna B said...

Pretty yarn! What fun!