Monday, March 20, 2006


Why Am I Homesick?! Take a look at this photo taken by my guest photographer, Ruth, aka Mom! This is Mt. Baker abover Wiser Lake in Washington State and this is a couple miles from my Mom's house on her way to work. I loved seeing Mt. Baker from many different angles when I lived in Whatcom County and I did a lot of hiking and photographing on and near the mountain and the surrounding area. It's breathtakingly beautiful there. Doesn't she look gorgeous with a fresh coat of snow? When you live in Whatcom County Mt. Baker is usually referred to as "The Mountain". There is a ski area up there which is popular with the snowboarders and also Mt. Shuksan and Picture Lake which is one of the most photographed places in the world...I even saw postcards and calendars of it when I was in Europe and its on puzzles and placemats and framed prints. Some day I'll have to put up one of my pictures from there so you can see how beautiful it is...then you'll say, "Oh yeah, I've seen a pictures of that before!" :o) Posted by Picasa

No comments: