Tuesday, March 14, 2006

What I Do Instead of Housework...

Well, for starters I watch my tulips through the window, in the rain. The picture below was taken on a sunny day. I'm not complaining about the rain though, it will be 105* before I know it! LOL And the leak in the roof is fixed, praise God!

Besides photographing the tulips and referreeing the rugrats, I've been spinning. I really should have waited for my fast flyer to arrive...it did today...but I couldn't wait! I have been spinning this Merino top and it has been heaven. It is sooo SOFT! However, I had difficulties getting the right amount of twist in it. If I treadled too quickly, it over spun in spots, but if I didn't treadle quickly enough, it was just whispy air. And even with quick treadly there were areas that were unspun which made it frustrating when I went to Navajo ply, because it kept breaking. Then when I plied, I think I treadled too quickly. I had it on the second whorl, maybe I should have put it on the largest. I don't know these things yet so I am learning by trial and error. Each project I work on, I learn from however, and for me that is the point. I feel like I am getting closer and closer to doing something consistently in order to make the right yarn to knit with. I have 4 more ounces to play with, which will hopefully do another 150 yards of 3 ply yarn for socks. I need to wash and hang this skein, weighted. Then I am going to make some slipper socks for my son. He loves the colors and he loves it when I make him things.

I have to get busy on the housekeeping...my friend Shelley is coming next week. AND, my daughters will be turning 3 next weekend so family is coming too. It's amazing what does or does not happen in the house after being sick for a month!

I am sure that I will be distracted by that fast flyer and you will soon be seeing some more spinning pics. And I better get back to the COTR shawl.

Oh, I guess I did get something accomplished. I organized my stash. I have 5 Banker's Boxes of stuff including a beautifully dyed silk cap and some other interesting goodies.

I owe some of you some email regarding comments you have left. I'm really behind on that and I am sorry! Thank you for commenting and I am working on getting caught up...it's just that answering email cuts into my spinning time! :o)

1 comment:

Mia said...

Oh man... BEAUTIFUL tulip picture! I love tulips.. can't wait till they start popping up around my house~!

Nice photography!