Friday, March 10, 2006


Here is a picture of my Lendrum with the large plying flyer on it. I am holding up a regular bobbin to give you some scale. I had two bobbins about 90% full that I plied onto the big plying bobbin. I am not totally comfortable using the plying flyer yet. Part of the time I found I had to treadle hard, like riding a bicycle up hill...I don't know if it should feel like that or not. It was the first time I have used a tensioned lazy kate as well. The drive band slipped off the whorl a couple times too. I'm going to have to talk to some other Lendrum users and see what they have to say. I also need to look up some more information on plying and it may just take time for me to get comfotable and build up some confidence!  Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

none said...

Okay, I had a hard time plying too. I don't know if this is what you are talking about because I don't know the correct terms, but the clip that you see on the flyer kept popping off when I tried to ply.

Mia said...

Oh my gosh.. don't you LOVE having a large plying bobbin? I made do with a regular size for YEARS.. then I finally decided to splurge and I'm SO glad I did! I really like those nice big fat skeins *grin*