Sunday, April 08, 2007

He Is Risen Indeed!






Today was a special day. We are all tired. The kids are all sick and miserable. Our house is a mess with the aftermath of home improvement. But today we commemorate the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ. And today we had a special time together as a family, having family church with the kids, some sitting on laps, some nearby and listening. We read children's stories about Christ's death and resurrection. We talked about what being "risen" means and we prayed together. It's not quite how we thought we might celebrate the day, but it was special none the less.


This is a strange virus the kids have with a high fever at the onset and lasting a couple days and then lots of eye goop. I might have to take A in tomorrow. I'm worried about peri-orbital cellulitis which would need antibiotics. First J was so miserable and now it's A. D has it too but not so bad. Hopefully it's passing hubby and I by and will soon leave the kids alone. You know it's bad when my kids are *asking* to go to bed!!!


And I am much too tired to even be writing, but I wanted to put up a couple pictures of some of the results of our hard labor this week. We totally emptied our bedroom which is really a multipurpose room. There was a lot in here. We put down Ikea laminate flooring, painted, put together an Ikea desk and two bookcases and did a lot of cleaning. Here are some preliminary pictures showing the bed, a close up of the new bedspread, Abbie (our kitty) hiding behind the pillow sham (she was so relieved to have the bed back in the room and not out in the living room!) and the top of one of the bookcases (I cut out all the boxes and junk waiting to be sorted...there's still lots to do).
Hopefully soon I will actually have some knitting/fibery content to post. Just not enough hours in my day!


8 comments:

Holly said...

He is risen indeed! Whew, I'm a little tired myself after seeing all that work you got done!

Carissa said...

men! What a lot of work you got done last week. Everything looks so nice, and I like the quilt too! Praying that the kiddos make a swift recovery.

Melissa said...

It looks nice! It must feel good to have it done.

Denise said...

Theresa!! I totally love the floor and the whole room looks fabulous! We do not have an Ikea around where I live, but you are inspirational. I am going to try it!

Susan @ FruitfulWords said...

How fun to be done with this. It looks wonderful.

I am sorry to hear y'all are still ill. How depressing that must be.

I looked for you at church on Sunday - it was a grand service. I'm sorry you had to miss it, Theresa.

How is everyone's health now? I hope to see you on Sunday. Susan

Heather said...

Looks wonderful!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Theresa! Haven't been by the visit your blog in awhile! Love the pictures of the kids and the bedroom is looking great! I love the square shelving!

Lynette said...

Miss seeing & hearing from you. Everything okay?