Friday, October 07, 2005

Purple Sea Monsters

Below is a photo of my latest Kool-Aid dyeing adventure. DS loves seeing me do this. When I take it out he always says, "That's cool mommy!" :o) I cannot get this to photo correctly. Maybe I will take it outside and try at my SILs house tomorrow when we go there for DS's 4th birthday party.

When I made these skeins (2 skeins of Knit Pick's Paint Your Own, laceweight merino), I put an envelope of black cherry in the bottom of the dye pot, then I put in 9 packages of grape and then sprinkled another package of black cherry last. It had the effect I wanted...multi-tonal without having a big variation that would make obvious pooling or detract from the pattern. This yarn is destined to become Fiddlestick's Creatures of the Reef shawl. I will have to be patient though and wait until after all my Christmas knitting to get done first!

I am working on the 15th set of repeats on the Kiri shawl and hope to have it done in this next week. It's slow going with all the "help" I've gotten lately from my little ones.

As I mentioned he is turning 4 next week. We are having a family party tomorrow and on his birthday we are going with our Bible study friend Laura to a pumpkin patch and for lunch. So there probably won't be much knitting for a few days! It has felt good to be creative again. And I am almost through with my sorting to give to the restash network! That will feel good too. Well, that's all for now. Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

No comments: