Tuesday, October 25, 2005

20 Things You May or May Not Know About Me

Another one of those "blog things"...these remind me of the quizzes, questions and "cootie catchers" we used to do in grade school and junior high!

1. I speak German, though my vocabulary has grown smaller each year from lack of use.
2. I've had many penpals from around the world since girlhood and I even met my hubby on a Christian penpal list on AOL.
3. I like camping, hiking, beachcombing and being out doors.
4. I know more about my ancestors than I do about living extended family (and genealogy is a great, meaningful way to learn history).
5. I love to learn and would be very happy as a "professional university student".
6. When I can’t sleep I pray for my friends and family.
7. There can never be enough books. If there's an earthquake, we're in trouble! LOL.
8. I hated gardening as a child, but now it is soul soothing, satisfying and gratifying.
9. Outwardly I appear to be very social, but I am actually quite shy and enjoy spending time alone. In fact, I need alone time to recharge.
10. I enjoy writing and when I was in grade school I wrote a short story called, "Tracey Gets A Pony". Guess who "Tracey" was?!
11. Fall is my favorite season...crisp air, blue skies, brilliant leaves.
12. I love to travel and have a list of wanna see sites so long, I'll never make it all in this life!
13. I thrive on Bible study and it excites me to learn more and more about God!
14. In spite of my love of travel, I'm a homebody and would be happy with a little bit bigger home that had a yard to play and garden in. My hubby is a teacher and I love the long breaks when he is at home with us!
15. Photography excites me more than any of my hobbies...so many possibilities, so many things to see and capture...I love seeing all the variety God created in nature and I feel He often shares special little moments with me when I am behind the camera because He knows I appreciate it!
16. I secretly long for a lap top computer. (Guess the secret is out! LOL)
17. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday and I love to have a group of people gathered for it, especially family.
18. I played with dolls until 7th grade and can't wait until my twin daughters start playing with dolls, so that I can play again too!
19. I hope my children will grow up to be Godly, whole, individuals.
20. As a child I day dreamed that I lived in the days of Laura Ingalls Wilder and Little House on the Prairie and I have always been interested in crafts and skills of that era.

No comments: