Monday, October 17, 2005


Hurray! A Finished Object! A little late, but the recipient (remains nameless in order to protect the surprise) won't mind. The Kiri shawl pattern is found at www.alltangledup.com and I'm sure most of you knitters have seen this all over the Internet as it is quite popular. It is originally designed to be knit with Rowans KidSilk Haze which is a lovely yarn I can't afford right now! :o) This one is done with 1.25 balls of KnitPicks Alpaca Cloud in the color Autumn. It is frustrating that I am not really able to share the true color with you because it is beautiful and is just perfect for a leaf motif. It is mainly a deep rust color but has flecks of gold, orange and red in it, in a heathered fashion. I don't wear warm tones myself but this was so beautiful and just right for the recipient...who I will reveal after she has received this...hopefully she will send a picture too! Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Amy said...

It's beautiful Theresa!! I only hope to be able to do work like that in the next 20-30 years! ;)

Melissa said...

Very nice job Theresa!! What a beautiful shawl.