Thursday, September 15, 2005

Victory In Jesus...

Oh victory in Jesus
My Savior forever.
He sought me and bought me
With His redeeming blood
He loved me ere I knew Him
And all my love is due Him.
He plunged me to victory
Beneath the cleansing flood.
by E.M. Bartlett
1 Corinthians 15:57
"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ."
Today Nancy, a dear cousin, friend and sister in the Lord left her life walking on this earth to continue her eternal life with God. We rejoice! Hallelujah! We sing this song which Nancy sang with my Mother only a couple weeks ago, with crackling voices and tears. Our hearts, responding in great faith, proclaim Hallelujah! But on earth we still feel the loss...a big hole that was left, when Nancy lost her many years long battle with ovarian cancer. Today she was healed and went Home. Was Nancy perfect? No. Sometimes we (I) wax poetic about someone who is not here to let us down or alter our perceptions. I'm sure Nancy had many faults as we all do, but what she always displayed to me, was unconditional love! She has made an indelible mark on my life. The waiting is over. Her waiting is over. She is celebrating victory in Jesus!
No law says I have to talk only about my knitting life on this blog! So do forgive me if I have taken a little break. Some things in life truly are more important. If you're reading this...go hug someone you love and tell them how much they mean to you! Yes, it sounds schmaltzie but it's not something you'll regret!
Below is a picture of our beautiful Nancy...always full of grace and stylish to the end. In this picture she was modeling the Shetland Garden Faroese shawl. This was taken August 21, 2005.
If you're still reading and you are a prayer warrior, please pray for Nancy's husband Tom and her/our family as they grieve. Thank you.

1 comment:

Virginia Waldron said...

Nancy looks lovely in the wonderful shawl you made with such love, Theresa. What a wonderful friend and mom you are. This was a very moving entry and puts things in perspective. I hope everything goes well with your darling daughters and that people do take the time to get to know the beauty of each little one rather than viewing them as a package of two. Good luck with the home tutoring.
Virginia