Saturday, March 22, 2008

The Best Mitten Swap Partner Ever!

Are these not the most amazing mittens in my FAVORITE Colors??!! I love them and they FIT! Thank you Amy for an amazing and well thought swap package. I was amazed at how much attention to detail she put into my package. For starters, besides my favorite colors, the mitten pattern is called Alaska (and we hope, God willing to go there this summer for a ten year belated honeymoon trip!).


The next surprise was this lovely braid of hand painted roving called Berry Pickin' from Black Cat Handspun.

In the pansies you can see another one of my gifts, Maizy sock yarn in ocean like colors made out of corn and nylon elastic... I can't wait to try this.

And look at all this fun stuff... A Sirdar nativity pattern booklet that I have wanted to knit a long time, herb and tomato seeds and a travel book for Alaska. The kids and I are going to have fun with the seeds!

Last, but not least are these stitch markers (Amy did you make these?). The photo doesn't do it justice. Do you see these little cameras? And there is a set of the gold ones that look like a little open Bible with a cross on one side and a dove on the other.

THANK YOU Amy for all the thoughtful detail you put into my swap package. This was very fun and I love everything!

2 comments:

Amy said...

You have such great friends!!

I received the box of clothes - thank you, thank you!! And, the cards are perfect! I was showing them to my mom last night and she kept saying "She made these? She took these pictures?" lol Beautiful!!

sherriknits said...

What a wonderful gift! It is amazing when someone just "gets" us and does a great job choosing what blesses us.

Hope you're having a great Easter!