Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve

This one's for you Mom. I've got my headache face on, but wanted you to know I was there too. I'm also wearing my "my so called scarf" I knit earlier this year. My coat is really more teal in color. We went to the zoo this morning, our Christmas Eve tradition since it is free.
There were a lot of Camellias in bloom. Sacramento is the "Camellia Capitol of the World."
I love the oak trees in California and will miss them when we leave.
Here's D checking out his wingspan. He's wearing the new hoodie he got yesterday.
Here's A checking out hers. J was too bashful as a lot of people were watching.
J, D, and A watching the Koi and other fish in a tank.
These are a couple of the Magellanic Penguins on loan from the San Francisco Zoo. No flash photography was allowed so the pics are not very good. It was fun to be able to watch them swimming. The zoo was really crowded this year, maybe because it was such a nice day out. It seemed like the animals were all about as irritated as we were with all the people and it wasn't a great day to see them. The kids had fun anyway.
One little girl passed out candy canes to everyone. This is J, mugging at Mom with candy cane lips (face!).
Here's A with hers. They really like them. I never have cared for them that much so was kind of surprised that they really like them.

This was part of the fence at the zoo and I thought it was pretty. Afterwards we went home and had lunch and after lunch the kids opened presents. We figured that was easier than keeping them up late and grumpy after Christmas Eve service. The service was beautiful with candles and lights and special music and the lighting of the last candle on the Advent wreath. The girls wanted to explore on the stage during story time and Hubby caught them just as A went over to check out the Advent candles! Those girls are bound and determined to turn my hair completely white. My friend M from church said she was cracking up as I was motioning to A to sit down and the girls were going off towards the candles. She is an identical twin as well and she said it reminded her of her sister and herself when they were kids and one would always talk the other into doing something. :o)
In the hustle and bustle though it was nice to end the day with the quiet and beauty and the miracle of Christmas. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

1 comment:

Donna B said...

I love the picture of you Theresa...Merry Christmas!