Tuesday, September 26, 2006


Well, imagine my surprise Saturday when a package from England arrived in the mail! Wednesday my friend Pamela from the Christian Artisans list emailed and asked for my address. I thought she was probably going to send me a postcard or something because I am an anglophile and she lives near where I spent 6 weeks in England 12 years ago with my Nichols family. Well, imagine my shock when I unwind roving after roving to find in the middle, a gorgeous Bosworth maxi spindle in purple heart (my favorite!). Unfortunately this photo does not do justice! It is so pretty and the rovings are incredible. I think the white may be linen. The navy and the green multi seem to be merino and the one that is the color of sweet potatoes is wool but I'm not sure what kind. I sat on the kitchen floor, where I had been cleaning and sorting and cried! What an incredibly generous gift and so thoughtful. I have still not mastered using a spindle yet and have practiced a bit on the one my secret pal, Kit Kat Knit gave me. I'm going to have to get around another spinner and have some hands on lessons. Once I get it going I do okay, but getting it going is another story. Some time I will have to get a natural light picture of the spindle so I can show you exactly how beautiful it is! Thank you, thank you, thank you Pamela!!!!!!!!!!!!! Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Carissa said...

Theresa, How lovely! Pamela is so generous. You've been going through so much lately that you deserve it! Spindle spinning does get easier with practice. I had a lot more sucess once I mastered the thigh spin.

Paula said...

WOW! What a beautiful drop spindle and such lovely rovings to accompany it all the way from England, how awesome!!!

I hope things are settling down a bit for you.
I keep you and yours in my prayers!

Unknown said...

What an awesome gift. just lovely.. You need to come down for another lesson!! maybe in November? I have been wanting a maxi spindle forever.. you are a lucky gal! a deserving one too!