Saturday, September 23, 2006

Feet To Prayers Questionnaire and Catching Up

Well, I actually did start knitting. I am working on DH's second sock from the Trekking XXL but needed to put it aside as I didn't have its mate to compare to (for length and changes in the pattern). So I started a scarf yesterday for a Christmas gift and it is half done. It was some yarn that my cousin gave me for my birthday from Caron, I can't remember the name but it is so soft. It called for big needles so it is moving right along on number 13s! I don't usually knit with novelty yarns or big needles so this is kind of fun for a change and a quick project is what I have needed to get back on the knitting wagon again! LOL I have also spent some time looking at some of the knit mags online like knitty, planning some gifts for Christmas. I am thinking of doing some felted bags for a couple people and maybe some fingerless mitts/gloves. I thought those might be good for some of the teens/early twenties on my list. Next I need to get busy blocking. I have several presents that just have not gotten blocked due to the stress in our family. I have to block at night when I don't have preschooler help! :o) Sometimes by then I'm so exhausted I just have no energy to do it. It's not that big of a thing, but you know, sometimes those little things just seem draining, just having them on the to do list! So I am hoping to get that done this week.

Call me crazy! I'm also going to participate in a swap! This one promises to be fun and realistic. It is a secret sister sock swap on my Christian Artisans list at yahoogroups. The name of the swap is Feet To Prayers...we will be praying for our sister and finding interesting and encouraging verses relating to feet to share...that shouldn't be difficult. Feet in the Bible are described as being swift, sure, steadfast, ready, shod and beautiful! For the swap we will knit one sock and pass on the pattern and the yarn to complete the sock to our sister and she will finish the second sock. It will be a nice memory to look down at our feet and see a shared memory! So here for my Secret Sister, is the questionnaire...

1. When is your birthday (year is optional - grin)? June 19th

2. Do you spin your own yarn? If so, do you also like to work with raw fleece (washing, dyeing, carding) or only from prepared fibers (roving, top, batts) Yes, I am a beginning spinner and I prefer prepared fibers, however I have worked with raw fleece and don't mind it, just don't have room for doing anything big.

3. What small projects do you like to make? Socks, mittens, scarf, hat, baby items, wash cloths, doilies, shrugs etc I like making socks, scarves, lace, hats and wash cloths. I would like to make mittens, I never have and I have doilies on my "to do" list too.

4. What are your favorite scents? I can't really do anything scented due to severe allergies and asthma.

5. Do you like stationary and cards? Yes

6. Do you like hand lotions or soaps? I do, however I have restrictions because of my allergies. Neutral scents or unscented only.

7. Do you like to make/or use stitch markers? I use stitch markers a lot and I would like to learn how to make them.

8. Do you collect anything? Sheep and Killer Whales (not live ones obviously)

9. Do you have any allergies? Smoke, food, fiber, pets, etc.. I am allergic to smoke, most plants/flower scents and perfumes, Angora rabbit fiber (if it is by my face/hands) and pork.

10. Do you have any hobbies? (besides knitting, of course!) Spinning, Sewing, Quilting, Photography, Genealogy and Reading

11. Do you like scented or unscented candles? Sorry, even unscented candles trigger my asthma. :o( I love them but they don't like me!

12. Are there any books you are secretly wishing for? Alice Starmore's Aran book...but that's over the swap limit! LOL I am a bibliophile. You would be hard pressed to find a book I didn't like. I have a lot of the knitting classics, but not too many of the newer books.

13. Do you have a favorite Bible verse/story or character from the Bible? I love Ephesians because the first couple chapters are God pouring out His love to us, encouraging us in who He created us to be and what He has given us to complete our tasks on this earth and the rest of this book gives practical instruction for most of life. Favorite characters are Joshua, Ruth and Naomi along with their story and Elizabeth, the mother of John the Baptist. I have also always been intrigued by Anna who was promised that she would not die before she saw the Messiah and was given the opportunity to see Jesus as a baby at his dedication. I have always wondered what kind of wonderful lady would be given such a lovely promise and gift!

No comments: