Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Got Knitting?

Sigh...I cannot even begin to tell you everything that has happened...you may think I talk/write a lot on the blog, but honest what I have shared here is the tip of the iceberg. I am behind in everything in life! EVERYTHING! I have not even felt like knitting at all the last month +! Now you know that is stress. Sigh! God is Good. He sustains us. He keeps one foot moving in front of the other so we can do the things that we need to do to survive, to feed and take care of kiddos and all the necessary stuff and He revives us, when we think our life is too weary and too pathetic to deserve His attention. He loves us.

Monday night my hubby got to come home from 4 days isolation. We were all so glad to have him back with us! He has Graves' Disease (autoimmune hyperthyroidism) and Friday he had his thyroid radioactively burned out. We researched many options because the radioactive iodine seemed pretty drastic, but his symptoms were/are so severe and having ongoing atrial fibrillation can be life threatening, so we took the big step. I say "we", it was only my husband who had the treatment, but my husband is part of me, so this has all been "we" experiencing it together. I have more experience being the patient. Somehow that is easier than watching the one you love suffering. He is on Coumadin now to thin his blood to prevent stroke from recurrent atrial fibrillation. The radioactivity must be helping because his appetite is decreased (indicating that his metabolism is normalizing) and his heart rate is normal. Tomorrow he goes back to school. He's walking into a hornet's nest, so I am concerned, but I have to pray and let him go with God. I love him beyond any words of expression. The thought and threat of losing him during the times his heart rate was 220 were terrifying. I thank God for every breath and moment we share together! We aren't out of the woods yet, but it feels like we are making strides in the right direction instead of just sitting in a holding pattern.

This week has been all about taking steps to get our life back into some kind of normalcy. Find direction. Unpack from our trip that we have been home from for a month. Get things back in their right places and dung out our messes!

This week I have thought about knitting. I looked at the new knitty issue. I still don't have time to knit but I want to get back to it. I think "normal" is returning...isn't knitting "normal"?! I hope to be posting soon with some projects in the works or even some finished objects! What a concept! And the exciting thing is that on October 2nd our church is going to start an every other Monday night craft night...knitting, crocheting, sewing, needlework etc. I can't wait. That ought to get me working on Christmas projects! I miss all my bloggy friends. Thank you everyone who prayed for me and left encouragement! It was greatly appreciated!!!

Now, let's get back to knitting! :o)

3 comments:

Lynette said...

Theresa-your words touched my heart & brought tears to my eyes. You are a amazing lady of faith. I feel blessed knowing you & your family.

Carissa said...

I'm praying that things continue to calm down and return to normal. May your strength and rest come from God and may he draw you closer than ever.

Paula said...

Theresa I am so sorry for all the trials you are going through. I keep you and your family in my prayers. That is so scary what is happening to your husband I pray that he heals and that his body becomes well.
Sometimes when I think I can't take anymore of my own trials and knitting does not soothe me I find a ufo or two and frogg the whole thing! LOL, awful isn't it? But some how it always makes me feel a little more in control of my life.
I am thankful for your strength in God as you express that it always gives me strength in him too!