Wednesday, May 03, 2006


Here is my progress on the KAL Simply Elegant shawl. I still haven't gotten the KAL info posted, but hope to soon. I like how it looks and pinned out one side (this is half) to take this picture. I am concerned that it will quickly become too long before it will become wide enough for the recipient. My Mom looked at the colors though and thought it would be really nice for the lady who will receive it. It is starting to get to the point now where each row is taking longer and longer and you start thinking..."hmm...why did I want to knit a shawl that is going to end in 4 gazillions stitches?!" :o) But, the gals on the Christian Artisans list who are participating in the KAL are also praying along for our friend Dale. She needs a bone marrow transplant and the one donor who had a 9/10 match cannot be found. They are now testing two others who are 8/10 matches to see if there is any possibility of working. We are hoping that God will just "zap" her and heal her, but we are praying for His Will. I love you Dale, even though I have never met you face to face and I think of you and pray for you every day while I work on the shawl. And I pray for the lady who is receiving this shawl too as she is fighting her second bout with cancer. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Holly said...

Your shawl is looking gorgeous! And BTW, I am so NOT adventuresome-I want no one in the room when I (try to)dance-not even dh ;~)
Looking forward to seeing how the shawl turns out!