Thursday, May 18, 2006


Here is my progress on the KAL shawl. This is unblocked, although the left side is slightly stretched. I have 22 columns across, which I think will block out to about 68-70" if I were to stop at this point, which I won't. I have a concern because the gal I am making this for is about a size 20 (I've never seen her but my Mom says she is between her and me in size). I know that triangle shawls are just not made for women with large shoulders or plus size women. I want it to be functional and I am concerned because unblocked right now the length is just over 30". I am wonder if it will go to her feet if I continue making it wide enough! I hate things that are pretty but can't be used, so I want to make sure to get it right. I guess I dont' really have any other option but to keep going and hopefully it won't look too distorted or freakishly long! This photo does not do the colors justice. The colorway really is beautiful and would go good with my 'mostly salt and some pepper' hair! :o) Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Mrs. Falstaff said...

Theresa, why don't you print out the photo of the shawl being worn as a cloak that is on Heritage Yarn's website, and give it to her? It doesn't look at all like a triangle shawl worn that way.

Kate