Friday, November 17, 2006

Secret Sister Sock Swap

Below are the beautiful socks knit for me by Cindy who had my name in the Feet To Prayers secret sister sock swap that Cary hosted from our Christian Artisans list. BTW, Cary has Corriedale sheep and she and her daughter are also venturing into Shetland sheep. Cary's Corriedale fleeces are divine! Serenity Farms I can't recommend her enough! I don't think she has any fleece right now, but some beautiful roving and it's fun to look at her sheepy pics!

The goal of the swap was to knit one sock while praying for our sister. We also encouraged each other with scriptures pertaining to feet. Sounds silly maybe, but feet are important for a 'firm foundation'! :o) We send the one sock on along with a pattern and yarn to knit the second sock, so it is really a team effort, double blessing!

Cindy sent me not only this beautiful sock and yarn (I was so disappointed to learn that Froehlich Blauband is no longer in business! Nice yarn!), but also some pretty stationery, a note pad with a magnet that is hanging on my fridge, some samples of Llama and Alpaca fibers from Louet in natural colors for spinning, a cute little lavender whimsical sheep votive holder and a white ceramic sheep. It sure was fun to get the box and open it up and see all the goodies. My kiddos had fun!

Oh, and I forgot to say that Cindy wrote the pattern herself, it's posted on her blog along with all her other lovely knitting and spinning posts and photos! Thank you Cindy!!!

No comments: