Sunday, October 15, 2006


This is what I am working on. It's Maggie's Bag from Fiber Trends. It will be felted. I am using some Patons Classic Merino (green) and some Patons SWS (Soy, Wool, Stripes) which is a new yarn and I saw on another blog that it felts. Instead of making the bag multi-striped like in the pattern photo, I am doing it green with a section of the SWS in the center. It is really soft and nice feeling. The color changes are a little too predictable, not quite as nice as the Noro yarns, but not bad. I like Fiber Trends patterns and have made several, including the felted clogs pattern which I love...the warmest slippers ever! I like to support Fiber Trends since they started out in my adopted home town, Bellingham, WA. I love felting because there is that suspense and excitement to see how it will turn out when you get it out of the wash. This bag will be for a Christmas present. I also have some dark olive eyelash that I wanted to put in at the top around the edge, but I have never used this in felting...I'm wondering if someone could tell me how that works. I see lots of bags done with it, but don't know if there are any special directions. I know that it will not felt, so I am assuming that the wool that I run it with will felt and that will "lock" it in and it will be kind of loopy along the edge...is that right? Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Carissa said...

Theresa,
Your pictures are beautifukl, as always! I really like Fiber Trends patterns too. A few years ago I made a bag with eyelash at the top and it turned out well. I didn't use a pattern and the only thing that I would suggest is to decrease a few stitches before you add in the eyelash yarn since that section won't felt as much. Happy knitting!