Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Quotation Meme

I was tagged by my friend Susan for this quotation meme. I LOVE quotations. It's something I inherited from my Grandma Hopkins. If you go here you can choose 5 quotes, randomly selected (I had to go through a lot and also change the resources at the bottom of the page that were used to search from before finding some good ones!) I am going to tag my friend Amy because this seems right up her alley! List 5 quotes and you should comment on at least one of them. So, in nor specific order, here are my five:


1. Whenever you are asked if you can do a job, tell 'em, 'Certainly I can!' Then get busy and find out how to do it.
Theodore Roosevelt, president of US (1858 - 1919)

When I read this quote, pictures of Grandma Hopkins came to mind. She was definitely a "can-do" woman and her big saying the last couple decades of her life was A.D.A. which stood for "Attitude Determines Action."

2. One may have good eyes and yet see nothing. Italian Proverb

This quote reminded me of photography. My adventures in learning photography have taught me to see many things that others, including myself at times, have passed by. I hope to pass on to my children, the ability to SEE.


3. A word out of season may mar a whole lifetime. Greek Proverb

Unfortunately, I don't believe this quote needs any explanation! Most of us have experienced this pain in person or have inflicted it on others.

4. My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind. Albert Einstein, US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955

It is a fallacy that Einstein was an atheist. He did believe in God, though I am not sure that he had any type of intimate relationship with Him. This quote, again reminds me of my own experiences in photography, through which I have learned so much of God and myself.

5. And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
Anais Nin, US (French-born) author & diarist (1903 - 1977)

This woman is not someone whose life I admire, but occasionally I stumble across quotes from her that I can relate to. I have been very shy and self conscious all my life. But at some point in time I realized that I would need to step forward and take action or I would never have any kind of normal life or experiences and I would miss out on a lot of joy and blessings that God wanted to give to me...thus, I relate to this quote.

No comments: