Sunday, February 12, 2006


Saturday was an interesting day. I had written a woman via email from a contact I had found on the Ashford Spinning Wheel site. She lives up the hwy from me and I wrote to find out if she was a dealer or if she had classes or ? Her name is Jeanne Franklin of Spin Web Ranch in El Dorado Hills, California and she has Shetland sheep. She told me the Sacramento Weaver's And Spinner's Guild was having an open house that morning. Well, I was pretty sick, but I took some cough drops and a water bottle, along with my camera and went to check it out. There were many displays, mostly weaving but some spinners and several antique or unusual spinning wheels like this one. I talked with her a little bit but it was busy. She offers spinning lessons 6 for $75. I saw her spinning and it is beautiful, she seemed quite knowledgeable and has been in the business for more than 20 years, so I am going to talk it over with hubby and maybe this will be my present for Birthday #40 coming up in June! I hate to admit it but I was pretty impressed with the weaving there...even had me thinking it would be fun to do some day...but I need another hobby like I need another hole in my head! :o) I was able to pick up 6 back issues of Spin Off magazine for 50 cents each. And there was wool but after having some wools/fibers from some of my friends on the Christian Artisans list, a lot of this fiber seemed second rate! Well, I went to the yarn store after the open house and bought a maintenance kit for my spinning wheel...one more stop closer to spinning. I shouldn't have done it all yesterday becasue I ended up being really sick...but at least I was having fun! Posted by Picasa

No comments: